Goats - Opening Notes
Judging begins at 2.30
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS – GOATS
All goats must be identified individually with a pair of approved ear tags bearing the same number, one in each ear, issued in accordance with the requirements of the National Goat Identification System (NGIS).
All consignments of goats being moved must be accompanied by a completed dispatch document. Only goats from herds/holdings that are not under restriction can be moved to shows.
The movement of goats to and from an Agricultural Show within the State must be recorded on AIM. This is done using a copy of the keeper’s goat dispatch document as follows:
- The owner/keeper presents the signed and completed dispatch document to the show secretary who checks that it is completed in full.
- The show secretary fills in the MART section of the dispatch document with (i) the show number, (ii) the date of the move back to the source holding, (iii) stamps it with the show stamp and (iv) signs it.
- The show secretary then forwards the completed yellow section of the dispatch document to the local RVO within 7 days of the show movement.
- The show secretary keeps white copy for their records.
- The source/destination keeper keeps the bottom blue copy to enter it into their herd register.
Ultimate responsibility for fulfilling this requirement lies with the Show Secretary.
All movements of goats to and from shows must be recorded in the keeper’s goat herd register.
Attendance of goats from monitored herds at shows and sales in 2023
Shows between 1st May and 31st October
Goats from Scrapie Monitored Herds will be permitted to attend Agricultural Shows taking place between 1st May and 31st October, without additional controls or separation from other categories of goats.